When I started this post a few days ago, I put in a paragraph about how I try to be happy but it’s hard because of depression. But I am getting bored with talking about my depression. I don’t want to dismiss it, just set it aside for the time being. I want to focus on the good. And with a major birthday coming up (maybe you heard??), I want to write down what I am looking forward to this year.
I had a list of four things I wanted to cross off my bucket list for my 39th year and I finished 50% of the list. I don’t necessarily want to go big for #theyeariturn40, but just do things that make me happy. I think these are pretty achievable and I am excited to get started. Cheers!
- Go to the LA Times Festival of Books (went to my first one last year and it was sheer heaven)
- Help my husband with his new business
- Write every day, even if it’s only for five minutes
- Find a way to help others in my community (my family and I did this during the holidays and all I could think about is what happen to these people after the spirit of generosity goes away)
- Find a way to help local animal rescues (if we are friends on Facebook, you already know that I share animals that are just waiting to be adopted on a daily basis)
- Go to WonderCon this year and participate in cosplay
- Run a 5K
- Get a new tattoo, preferably this one:
And yes, I am the captain of my own ship. But the wheel is also a symbol for karma. And what better reminder to do good is karma??